Postdoc in Zahlentheorie (100%)
UniDistance Suisse, as an accredited university institute in accordance with the Swiss Higher Education Act (HEdA), has been offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees programs and continuing education and training programs in the faculties of Law, Psychology, Mathematics and Computer Science, Economics and History for over 30 years. These programs can be attended in parallel with family life, professional or sporting career, in a flexible distance learning model.
UniDistance Suisse is dedicated to the highest quality standards in teaching and research. With more than 2300 students, it is the leading institution in the field of distance education in Switzerland. Out of 420 employees, almost 350 are involved in teaching and research activities.
To strengthen its Number Theory research group, UniDistance Suisse is looking for
Postdoctoral Assistants in Number Theory (100 %)
Place of work: Brig, Switzerland, (physical presence at weekly seminars will be expected during semesters; home-office partly possible)
Start date: February 1st 2024, or upon agreement
Duration of contract: 2-year fixed-term appointment
The positions will be in the new and fast-growing Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, working alongside Professor David Loeffler, who will be taking up his role as the leader of the Number Theory research group in November 2023.
- Carry out research in algebraic number theory
- Assist with UniDistance’s undergraduate mathematics teaching (teaching is carried out in English; familiarity with one or more of Switzerland's official languages would be desirable)
- Attend research seminars and workshops
- PhD in algebraic number theory or in a related field, or expecting to complete a PhD by the start date
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Exciting challenges in a fast-growing academic institution
- Active participation in the further development of UniDistance Suisse
- Collaboration with a dynamic and dedicated team
- Modern and flexible working environment in which we support your professional development
- Attractive employment conditions
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents, including a letter of motivation, a CV with list of publications, outline of research plans (max 2 pages), and contact details for 2 references, by e-mail, by 30 September 2023 at the latest, to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact Prof David Loeffler, Faculty of Mathematics & Computer Science: email@example.com.