Postdoktorand/in in «Experimental and Behavioural Economics» (50-100 %)
UniDistance Suisse, as an accredited university institute in accordance with the Swiss Higher Education Act (HEdA), has been offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees programmes and continuing education and training programmes in the faculties of Law, Psychology, Mathematics and Computer Science, Economics and History for over 30 years. These programmes can be attended in parallel with family life, professional or sporting career, in a flexible distance learning model.
UniDistance Suisse is dedicated to the highest quality standards in teaching and research. With more than 2300 students, it is the leading institution in the field of distance education in Switzerland. Out of 420 employees, almost 350 are involved in teaching and research activities.
To strengthen and further develop its research cluster in behavioural and experimental economics, the Faculty of Economics at UniDistance Suisse is looking for a
Postdoc in Experimental and Behavioural Economics (50-100%)
Place of work: Brig (part-time home-office possible)
Start of work: Spring 2024 or upon agreement
This is a unique opportunity to conduct independent research, to collaborate with experienced researchers, and to organise and participate in research seminars and workshops in the field of experimental and behavioural economics. We are looking for candidates with a PhD in Economics, Management, or a related field who are enthusiastic about the possibilities of online education and of working in a modern and digital environment. If you are passionate about research and motivated to make an impact, we encourage you to apply.
- Design and conduct research in experimental and behavioural economics
- Develop your academic profile and publication record
- Collaborate with other researchers at UniDistance Suisse and other institutions in research projects, publications, and grant applications
- Assist in online teaching or develop your own teaching activities according to your personal profile and preferences
- PhD in Economics, Management, or related field
- Experience with designing, conducting, and analysing lab and / or field experiments
- Background in behavioural economics and at least one of the following topics: organisational economics, environmental economics, sustainability
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of German is a plus, but not a necessary requirement.
- Freedom to pursue your own research interests and develop your personal academic career
- Exciting challenges in a fast-growing academic institution
- Active participation in the further development of UniDistance Suisse
- Modern and flexible working environment in which we support your professional development
- Attractive employment conditions
Interested? Please send us your application containing a motivation letter and a CV including links to publications or working papers, as well as the names of three personal references. Reference letters are not yet needed at the initial application stage but may be required later. We will review applications on a rolling basis and start holding online interviews in December. The ad remains open until the position is filled or the latest until January 31, 2024. We look forward to receiving your complete application documents by e-mail: email@example.com.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr Manuel Grieder directly: firstname.lastname@example.org